David Rickerby - Representative Engagements
· Negotiated license arrangement in divestiture by Nielsen Company of the Billboard Top 100 data.
· License from Ivy League university to start-up located in Silicon Valley and backed by Sand Hill Road venture funds.
· Renegotiation of license terms upon dissolution of joint venture between UK public company (our client) and US public company.
· Oversee open source diligence for brand name public mobile technology company in select M&A activities.
· Represented private equity fund in negotiating surviving licenses between two divisions being divested to separate entities for in excess of $100 million each.
· Review of IP licensing portfolio in conjunction with private equity firm purchase of data provide.
· Representative public company clients have included RIM, Avid Technologies, Progress Software, Rational Software (now part of International Business Machines), VERITAS Software (now part of Symantec) and Citrix Software.
· Counsels numerous privately held companies with software and hardware solutions spanning most vertical markets.
· Leads the negotiation of full range of joint venture, strategic alliance, OEM, VAR, joint development and other technology partnering arrangements. Led negotiation of licensing deals valued as high as $5 billion.
· Frequently represented clients in negotiations with Microsoft Corporation and IBM in licensing, development and acquisition transactions. Also negotiated against parties including Intel, Dell, Cisco, EMC, Nortel Networks, 3Com, Enterasys, Merrill Lynch, PNC Bank, HSBC, General Dynamics, Raytheon, SAIC, Unisys, SBC, TimeWarner (AOL), Comcast, Bertelsmann, Southern New England Telephone, Houghton-Mifflin and numerous federal, state and local governmental agencies, including the US Bureau of Land Management, the US Department of Education and State of New York.