Boston Technology Law is outside counsel with an in-house mindset. Practical, strategic, solution-oriented expertise in the licensing of software and other intellectual property. Client/customer focused and practicing with the belief that negotiating a good license requires understanding the nuances of your business and your long-term business objectives.
We offer significant experience in:
- High value, mission critical, unusual, and complex licensing and joint venture arrangements;
- Open source software use, compliance, and related business strategies;
- Emerging Medical and EMR software systems, and the cloud computing, big data, data mining, privacy, security, and interface issues they raise;
- Outside counsel to established public companies on complex high value IP centric deals and latest trends in software, technology, commercial and contractual law;
- Issues in venture backed companies where the technology is critical and intellectual property is prime currency; and
- Negotiation of all types, with an interest in negotiation strategy.